Monday, 19 September 2011
It's not called Jihad al-nafs for nothing my friend.
It's not called Jihad al-nafs for nothing my friend.
Forsake the outward sin, and the inward; surely the earners of sin shall
Be recompensed for what they have earned.
The Beloved Prophet Sallallaahu ‘alayhi WA Sallam said:
"There is none among you in whom there is not a devil" They said: "Even in you, O Messenger of Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD)?!" He said: "Even in me, but Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD) helped me to overcome him and he has submitted to me, so he doesn't order anything except good" [Muslim]... The mutual repelling of the soldiers of the angels and the devils is constant in the battle over the heart, until the heart is conquered by one of the two sides which sets up its nation and settles there... And most hearts have been seized by the soldiers of Shaitan, who fill them with the whispers that call one to love this passing world and disregard the next.
How one can control and deal with one's desires, firstly the main thing is to make the law of Shari`ah and its rulings as a judging authority that every Muslim should respect, appreciate, and comply with. Secondly, some other scholars mention feeling Allah's presence, seeking knowledge, and the continuance remembrance of Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD) are the ways of controlling self-desires... Even those who are already influenced by self-desire can use any of these ways to get rid of their, self-desires...
The following are some selected ways:
1. Strong resolution.
4. Considering consequences.
5. Reflecting that Muslims have been created for a great mission which cannot be fulfilled except by controlling one's desires.
6. Not to be enslaved by self-desires.
7. To know that Satan is the enemy that gets through the servants of Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD). Satan uses desires to influence people.
8. To know that following self-desires will lead to someone's destruction and punishment by Allah.
9. To know that fighting desires by making an effort in order not to be influenced by the desires is one of the greatest forms of jihad. Fighting desires is the essential message of Islam. Muslims are required to make every effort to adhere to the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah.
10. To know that the one who lets the desires take over and lead him will spoil his intellectual opinion.
11. To know that following desires will weaken the eagerness for performing good deeds. The opposite is also true in this case - that is, not following desires leads to strengthening one's motivation to perform good deeds.
12. To know that not being misled by desires will lead to the honour in this life and the Hereafter.
13. To know that following desires is the main cause of the spiritual heart disease and the remedy of the disease is to not follow desires. We have to make jihad to fight desires otherwise we will not be able to fight our enemies.
14. To know that seeking knowledge and feeding it by performing the preferable acts will strengthen one's faith.
15. To know that we need to be enlightened by the Qur'an and Sunnah. This requires us to make the effort to recite the Qur'an in order to know the meaning and the wisdom behind the ayahs.
Imam Shafi r.a. said, may Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD) have mercy on him: "Only the sincere one (mukhlis) knows hypocrisy (riya').
“This means that it is impossible to know the reality of hypocrisy and see its hidden shades except for one who resolutely seeks (arada) sincerity. That one strives for a long time (yajtahidu azmanan) searching and meditating and examining at length within him until he knows or knows something of what hypocrisy is. This does not happen for everyone. Indeed, this happens only with the special ones (al-khawass).
But for a given individual to claim that he knows what hypocrisy is, this is real ignorance on his part.
This world is an abode of the good as well as of the evil.
It contains both the forces and each of them enjoys the freedom of action.
The result is that they are locked in a ceaseless battle.
They continuously try to overpower one another.
It is, therefore, natural that impediments are placed in the way of Islam.
Not only the evidence of its followers is not accepted, it is not even tolerated.
The history of every religion and the evidence of everyday experience bear it out.
This situation leads us to the question as to how the Muslims should overcome these obstacles.
The Islamic teachings guide man to search for the Fitra within.
It is one of the Signs of Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD) that are all around, and also in the very creation of man.
"As also in your own selves: will ye not then see? (Quran: 51: 21)
Teachings provide humankind with a method by which Man can make the most out of her/his life.
The spiritual training system follows an order that responds to man's spiritual needs in a wonderful way.
Al-Sharia (the Islamic divine principles organizing the life of the individual and the community) protects the less privileged and spreads justice and balance among members of a community.
The deviation from the Divine Law leads human beings to go astray and follow their own
“Illusive way”: that is called al-Hawa. In the language of the Holy Qur’an, al-Hawa is explored semantically within different contexts.
Then seest thou such a one as takes as his god his own vain desire (Hawa)?
Allah has, knowing (him as such), left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart and put a cover on his sight (Quran: 45:23)
Nay, those who are unjust follow their own lusts (ahwa'ahum), being devoid of knowledge but who will guide those whom Allah leaves astray?
To them there will be no helpers. (Quran 30: 29)
And for such as had entertained the fear the Majesty of his Lord) and had restrained (their) soul from lower Desires (al-Hawa), paradise will be his home (HQ 79:40-41)
Al-Hawa within these contexts means an opposite way to the way of the pure innate nature (al-Fitra), the Truth or the Divine Law.
It is anything that can divert man from the righteous path, starting from man's desires, to any attraction that causes confusion and hinder man from seeing or hearing the truth.
A man that follows al-Hawa is unjust to her/him and to others. If man is capable of removing al-Hawa from her/his way, she/he prepares her/himself to live in harmony with or surrender to the Divine Law
There are lots of impediments/ hindrances in following the rules and regulations of Al-Sharia (the Islamic divine principles organizing the life of the individual and the community). I.e.: (viz. Sex-passion, anger, greed, infatuation, vanity and envy, parting all night long, expectation, etc.)
Obviously, the struggle one makes for the achievement of an object is closely related to the situation he is placed in.
The nature of his circumstances determines the course of his action. It will be wrong to brand it as opportunism.
It is something quite natural. Every struggle that one makes has a definite purpose.
It is a means to an end and not an end by itself.
This end is best served if the struggle made for it conforms to the prevailing circumstances, situation and environments.
If this principle is not observed even the best effort may prove futile. Such a course will be simply unwise and what is unwise cannot be natural.
What will be the most suitable course for 'warfare in the way of Allah' depends solely upon the nature of each situation.
Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after you have guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from your grace.
Verily you are the Giver of bounties without measure. (3:8)
Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and the lack of moderation in our doings, and make firm our steps and succor us against those who deny the truth. (3:147)
Our Lord! Behold we have heard a voice calling us unto faith:
"Believe in your Lord" and we have believed.
Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and efface our bad deeds and take our souls in the company of the righteous. (3:193)
May Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD) make our efforts sincere and keep us all on the straight path...........
Feel free to Share the information here with everyone you know,
And earn Sawab-e-Jariya...May Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’aala (GOD) make it a source of Sawab-e-Jariya for u and me .Ameen
P.S.: "Have fun praying don’t forget to make dua for me.